Monday 3 August 2009

If you ain't doin' nuttin' let's fly away...

It's that time of the year. Caravan holiday with the 'rents and some friends. Belgium this year. We're getting adventurous. For about 16 years of my life we were restricted to Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset. Nowadays we're international!

These holidays tend to consist of a lot of hanging around the campsite, until we eventually decide to leave and see the surrounding area. That normally ends in disaster, as none of us speak French (I'm not even sure if that's the language they speak in the part of Belgium we're going to!), so we end up trying to communicate by shouting English. Yeah, they're normally not the best planned holidays. And no, if you've seen the Inbetweeners, contrary to Jay's belief, campsites aren't full of clunge. They're full of retired couples and families with three year old children who won't shut up.

On the plus side, the hanging around the campsite (without the internet) gives me a lot of time to read and watch films. So, hopefully, when I come back next week I'll have a few reviews done. I went into Asda earlier with my sister to get a few DVDs for the journey, but because they're for both of us, that basically meant I had to get films she'd like. So she chose Life starring Eddie Murphy and Anger Management starring Adam Sandler. I managed to get Frantic starring Harrison Ford. I also have my Band of Brothers boxset to watch.

So, I'll write again next week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, have an awesome time! Belgium is awesome, I went to Ypres for one day on a history trip and it was really cool.

    Will miss you! x

    ReplyDelete