Wednesday 26 August 2009

Soo Busy

It's been hectic. Seriously. Such an overused word but that's the truth.

Since I got back from Belgium (and last posted... I'm sorry!) I've been to London, wandering the streets around Kings Cross with a girl who is possibly one of the coolest people I know, even though she scares the hell out of me, as well as an Italian with a fetish for the English tradition of clinking glasses and toasting "Cheers!" and a long-haired Frenchman who, in the sentiments of the song by Calvin Harris "gets all the girls". Amazing. Yet scary at the same time. Two days after that I took part in a rather uneventful camping holiday with some friends. I ate a raw potato and subsequently caught a cold (not swine flu honest bruv). Then I got home at 1 on Saturday morning. By 7 I was in Plymouth with my housemate-to-be for her birthday. We went out in Plymouth, returned in the early hours of Sunday morning, I couldn't get the bus back until 6 so I was stranded. We talked through stuff for the house which was useful. Then I arrived home and people were over, so I had to stay awake. My concentration was gone. I was a literal zombie. I collapsed at 10, but had to wake up at 11 the next morning as a friend was coming over. Then I had to play football in the evening, in my zombie-like state. Eventually I was able to sleep Monday evening. Then Tuesday the sheer amount of stuff I have to sort out hit me. I tried to sort it, but the mountain didn't move. Then this morning, my amazing sister helped me. We laughed, we cried, we sang, we danced, we got through my stuff, and now I'm feeling ready(ish). Thank you sis!

Still... the busy-ness isn't going away. Tomorow I'm heading to Paignton. Friday I'm doing a sponsored cycle ride then have a BBQ in the evening. Monday I'm going out for a meal for my grandparents' 50th anniversary. Tuesday I'm going to Salisbury to be "marched in" to my property! (Sounds scary!). Then, next Thursday. D-Day. The day I finally move out of my house of all my life.

Btw... I've not forgotten about write-ups about my holiday. I've just genuinely not had the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment